- 2 pounds [1 kg] ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 [28-ounce / 796-mL] can tomatoes
- 1 [15-ounce / 426-mL] can tomato sauce
- 1 cup [250 mL] water
- 1 [15-ounce / 426-mL] can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 [14 or 16-ounce / 398 or 454-mL] can corn kernels, drained
- 1 pack taco seasoning mix
- Shredded Cheddar cheese [optional]
- Avocado slices [optional]
- Chopped tomato [optional]
- Corn chips [optional]
- Into a large saucepan or a dutch oven, brown together ground beef and chopped onion; drain.
- Puree tomatoes into their liquid; pour into casserole, along with tomato sauce, water and drained pinto beans and corn kernels.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- If desired, top each serving with shredded Cheddar cheese, avocado slices and/or chopped tomato.
- Serve, along with corn chips if desired.