- 10 cups [2.5 L] chicken broth
- 2 small hot fresh peppers, seeded and cut into large pieces
- 6 green onions, minced
- 1/3 cup [80 mL] chopped coriander leaves
- 5 sprigs lemon grass, minced [meaty part only]
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] lemon juice
- 1/2 pound [227 g] frozen shrimps, thawed
- 2 ounces [60 g] uncooked rice vermicelli noodles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Into a large casserole, bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add hot pepper pieces; simmer for 10 minutes and throw away hot pepper pieces.
- Mix in onions, coriander leaves, minced lemon grass, Asian fish sauce and lemon juice.
- Leave to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add shrimps and reheat for 2 minutes.
- Add rice vermicelli noodles and cook for 3 minutes.
- Salt, pepper and serve immediately.