- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] Italian fine herbs
- 1/2 pound [227 g] boned skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cups [1 L] chicken broth
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into small dices
- 1/2 cup [115 g] grated Italian 4-cheese
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] assorted frozen green peas, thawed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Freshly minced Italian parsley [optional]
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Combine lemon juice with Italian fine herbs; brush onto chicken meat.
- Broil chicken pieces for 5 minutes on each side, until it no longer pink inside; cut into fine strips.
- Meanwhile, into a large casserole over medium-high heat, bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add potato dices; cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Into a blender or a food processor, puree together potato dices in broth; pour back into casserole.
- Stir in cooked chicken strips and grated Italian 4-cheese, stirring until cheese has melted.
- Mix in thawed green peas; cook for a few minutes longer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If desired, sprinkle with freshly minced Italian parsley.
- Roll flour tortillas into cigar shapes and serve, along with soup.