- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons [45 g] butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 fresh turbo fillet [about 14 ounces / 400 g], diced
- 12 medium shrimps, shelled and deveined with tails
- 6 to 8 fresh giant scallops
- 3 to 5 cups [750 mL to 1.25 mL] water
- 4 white potatoes, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] salt
- Pepper to taste
- 5 drops Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons [45 mL] paprika
- 1 to 2 pinches dry mustard
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] cream
1 cup [250 mL] milk
- Into a large casserole, heat together olive oil and half of butter.
- Brown together minced garlic and chopped onion.
- Mix in turbo dices, shrimps and scallops; leave to simmer over medium-high heat, stirring.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer turbo dices, shrimps and scallops onto a plate.
- Pour water into casserole; mix in potato and carrot dices, salt, pepper, Tabasco sauce, paprika and dry mustard.
- Bring to a boil and leave to simmer to soften vegetables.
- Stir in reserved half-cooked turbo dices, shrimps and scallops.
- Lower heat and lave to simmer, covered, for about 25 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in cream or milk.