- 4 tablespoons [60 g] butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 celery stalk with leaves, chopped
- 2 medium-size potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 parsley sprigs, minced
- 5 cups [1.25 L] chicken broth
- 1 cup [250 mL] heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter into a large casserole.
- Add chopped onion, carrot slices and chopped celery.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in potato dices and minced parsley.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Cook, partly covered, until potatoes are tender, for about 20 minutes.
- Puree mixture into a blender or a food processor until smooth.
- Pour mixture back into casserole.
- Stir in cream; salt and pepper.
- Reheat, without boiling.
- Serve hot, or refrigerate and serve cold.