- 5 cups [1.25 L] chicken broth
- 8 ounces [227 g] thinly sliced pork strips
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- 2/3 cup [160 mL] tapioca
- 8 ounces [227 g] fresh boiled or canned drained sorted crabmeat
- 1 small Chinese cabbage, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] soy sauce
- Into a large casserole, bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Mix in pork strips; salt, a little at a time.
- Lower heat and mix in tapioca.
- Leave to simmer over low heat, until pork is done.
- Break-up crabmeat; stir into soup.
- Mix in Chinese cabbage strips.
- Cover and leave to simmer for 4 minutes, until crabmeat is hot.
- Stir in soy sauce, and serve.