- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup [250 mL] celery strips
- 1 cup [250 mL] carrot strips
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] curcuma
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] freshly chopped ginger
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 cups [2 L] chicken broth
- 4 chicken whites, diced [about 2 cups / 500 mL]
- 2 cups [500 mL] drained boiled rice
- Brown together chopped onions abd celery and carrot strips into hot oil.
- Stir in crushed garlic, curcuma, chopped ginger and Cayenne pepper.
- Salt and pepper.
- Pour in chicken broth, chicken dices and rice.
- Bring to a boil; leave to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.