- 1/4 heaping cup [60 g] butter
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 tablespoons [17.5 g] flour
- 4 cups [1 L] milk
- 1 cup [250 mL] chopped celery
- 2 1/2 cups [675 mL] chopped potatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch of tarragon [not too much, it has a strong taste]
- Melt butter into a casserole; melt chopped leeks until translucent.
- Stir in flour and cook for a few minutes stirring.
- Pour in milk, stirring until smooth.
- Mix in chopped celery and potatoes.
- Season with salt, pepper and tarragon.
- Leave to simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Puree into a blender or press through a Chinese strainer.