- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] marjoram
- 3 cups [750 mL] broth
- 1 cup [250 mL] rinsed lentils
- 1 [28-ounce / 796-mL] can tomatoes
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] freshly chopped parsley
1 tablespoon [15 mL] dried parsley flakes
- Brown together chopped onion and grated carrot into hot oil.
- Mix in thyme, marjoram, broth and lentils.
- Cover and leave to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Mix in tomatoes; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Salt and serve, sprinkle with fresly or dried chopped parsley flakes.