- 2 cups [500 mL] turkey broth
- 1 pound [454 g] potatoes, diced
- 2 large onions, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup [60 g] butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup [70 g] flour
- 2 1/2 cups [625 mL] milk
- 1 1/4 cups [310 mL] cream [15%]
- A little Cayenne pepper
- A little celery salt
- Bring turkey broth to a boil.
- Add and boil together potato dices, minced onions, bay leaf, salt and pepper, until tender.
- Remove bay leaf and puree mixture into a blender; reserve.
- Into a clean saucepan, melt butter or margarine; stir in flour and milk.
- Cook, stirring, until just thickened.
- Mix in pureed potato mixture and reheat.
- Stir in cream, Cayenne pepper and celery salt.
- Serve, hot.