Nathalie, Beauport, Quebec, Canada
This Scandinavian fruit soup can either be served hot, or cold at breakfast, along with toasted whole wheat bread slices and ricotta cheese.
Also a great, innovative dish for brunch.|
Out of time to soak the fruits? Simply simmer together water and fruits for 20 to 25 minutes before adding apple and grape juices.
- 1 cup [250 mL] dark raisins
- 1 cup [250 mL] dried prunes
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] golden raisins
- 2 cups [500 mL] water
- 3 cups [750 mL] apple juice
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] unsweetened grape juice
- Mix together dark raisins, dried prunes and golden raisins into a large bowl; pour in water.
- Leave to soak overnight.
- On the next day, bring mixed soaked fruits and water to a boil.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, until fruits are tender.
- Pour in apple and grape juices and reheat before serving, or refrigerate to serve cold.