- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 potato, finely diced
- 1 [12-ounce / 340-mL] can corn kernels, drained
- 1 [10-ounce / 284-mL] can tomato soup
- 1 [10-ounce / 284-mL] can beef consomme
- 2 [10-ounce / 284-mL] cans water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fine herbs, to taste
- Oregano, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- A little crushed chiles or Tabasco sauce
- Small soup noodles, to taste
- Into a casserole, brown together chopped onion, carrot and celery, potato dices and corn kernels for a few minutes.
- Stir in tomato soup concentrate, beef consomme concentrate and water.
- Mix in salt, pepper, fine herbs, oregano, bay leaf and crushed chiles or Tabasco sauce.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in soup noodles.
- Simmer for approximately 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Remove bay leaf, and serve.