- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] olive oil
- 3 medium sweet peppers [1 green - 1 red - 1 orange], membranes removed, seeded and chopped
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 small leek, sliced
- 1 Hungarian pepper, membranes removed, seeded and chopped [optional]
- 2 cups [500 mL] chicken stock
- 1/3 cup [80 mL] cream [15% m.s.g.]
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 rings sweet green pepper, membranes removed and seeded [to decorate]
- 4 rings sweet red pepper, membranes removed and seeded [to decorate]
- Heat olive oil into a large casserole.
- Brown together chopped sweet peppers, potato dices, leek slices and, if desired chopped Hungarian pepper, for several minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock; bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Puree mixture into a food processor or a blender.
- Stir in cream, salt and pepper.
- Serve hot or refrigerate before serving cold, each serving garnished with a ring sweet green pepper and a ring sweet red pepper.