- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter or oil [30 mL]
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, choped
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] curry powder
- 2 tablespoons [17.5 g] flour
- 4 cups [1 L] carrot slices
- 4 cups [1 L] chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] milk [more if needed]
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] freshly chopped parsley or chives
- Into a large casserole, heat butter or oil over medium heat.
- Soften together chopped onion and garlic, sprinkled with curry powder, into hot fat for approximately 3 minutes, stirring.
- Stir in flour; add carrot slices and pour in stock.
- Bring to a boil; leave to simmer, covered for 25 to 30 minutes, until carrots are soft.
- Leave to cool slightly.
- Puree mixture, a little at a time into a blender or a food processor, until smooth.
- Pour back into saucepan.
- Stir in milk; reheat without boiling until piping hot, stirring occasionally.
- If needed, pour in more milk to thin soup to desired consistency.
- Salt and pepper soup.
- Ladle soup into warm soup bowls.
- Serve, sprinkled with freshly chopped parsley or chives.