1/4 cup [60 g] butter
1/2 cup [125 mL] chopped onion
1/2 cup [125 mL] chopped celery
1 cup [250 mL] diced zucchini
1 clove garlic, crushed
6 cups [1.5 L] chicken broth
1 [5 1/2-ounce / 156-mL] can tomato paste
1 cup [250 mL] shredded cabbage
1/2 cup [125 mL] sliced string beans
1/2 cup [125 mL] carrot dices
1/2 cup [125 mL] potato dices
1 tablespoon [15 mL] freshly minced parsley
1 teaspoon [5 mL] salt
1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] pepper
1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] basil
1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] celery seeds
1 cup [250 mL] drained boiled navy beans
2 ounces [56 g] uncooked spaghetti noodles, cut into 4 parts
2 tablespoons [30 g] grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt together chopped onion and celery, zucchini dices and crushed garlic into melted butter, until onion is translucide.
- Mix in chicken broth, tomato paste, shredded cabbage, string bean slices, carrot and potato dices, freshly minced parsley, salt, pepper, basil and celery seeds.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Lower heat and leave to simmer until vegetables are almost soft, for approximately 20 minutes.
- Stir in drained boiled navy beans and cut spaghetti noodles.
- Leave to simmer until vegetables are tender, for approximately 10 minutes more.
- Ladle into individual soup bowls.
- Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon [5 g] grated Parmesan cheese, and serve.