- 1 onion, peeled
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 2 tablespoons [17.5 g] all purpose flour
- 3 cups [750 mL] poultry broth
- 1 cup [250 mL] cooked 1/2-inch [1.3-cm] turkey cubes
- 1 potato, into 1/2-inch [1.3-cm] cubes
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut onion, celery stalk and carrot into 1/2-inch [1.3-cm] cubes.
- Melt butter into a large casserole; melt together onion, celery and carrot cubes for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and thoroughly mix in flour.
- Cook over low heat for 1 minute.
- Pour in poultry broth and bring to a boil.
- Mix in turkey and potato cubes, corn kernels, thyme and bay leaf.
- Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes more, until potato cubes are tender.
- Salt and pepper before serving.