- 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter
- 1 pound [454 g] ground beef
- 3 sliced onions, into rings
- Chopped parsley, to taste
- Minced chives, to taste
- Salt and pepper
- 1 [19-ounce / 540-mL] can tomatoes
- 7 cups [1.75 L] water
- 3 celery stalks
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 potatoes, diced
- Vermicelli noodles
- Into a large casserole, brown together ground beef and onion rings into melted butter.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, minced chives and lots of salt and pepper.
- Pour in tomatoes with juice and water.
- Add celery stalks.
- Bring to a boil and leave to simmer for 1 hour before mixing in carrot dices, potato dices and a little vermicelli noodles.
- Leave toimmer for 30 minutes more.
- Remove and throw away celery stalks before serivng.