- 1 onion, minced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 3 1/2 cups [875 mL] lean chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] minced chives
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] cream [35% m.s.g.]
- 2 cups [500 mL] fiddlehead greens
- 2 slices of bread, toasted and diced
- Into a large casserole, mix together minced onion, potaoto dices, chicken broth, minced chives and nutmeg.
- Salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and leave to simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Mix in cream and fiddlehead greens.
- Leave to simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Puree into a blender until smooth.
- Serve hot or cold, garnished with croutons.