- 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 cup [25 mL] carrot slices
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] freshly minced parsley
- 1 cup [250 mL] chicken broth
- 1 [19-ounce / 540-mL] can white beans, drained
- 2 1/2 cups [625 mL] milk
- 1/2 bag fresh spinach [stem removed], chopped
- Melt butter; brown garlic and onion for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Salt and pepper.
- Add carrot slices, parsley and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer over low heat until carrots are tendre, approximately 20 minutes.
- Add white beans and milk.
- Pour into a blender and puree.
- Pour back into casserole.
- Mix in chopped spinach and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more.