- 3/4 pound [340 g] ground chicken or turkey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] minced chives
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] freshly chopped parsley
2 teaspoons [10 mL] dried parsley
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup [80 mL] breadcrumbs
- 1 carrot, into small strips
- 2 celery stalks, into small strips
- 6 cups [1.5 L] chicken broth
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] soy sauce
- Drained boiled rice vermicelli noodles, to taste
- Into a bowl, mix together ground chicken or turkey, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, minced chives and garlic, freshly choppped or dried parsley, beaten egg and breadcrumbs.
- Shape mixture into tiny balls and brown into hot oil until almost done; reserve.
- Not too long before serving, into a large casserole, brown together carrot and celery strips into a little hot oil.
- Mix in chicken broth, chopped green onions and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil; boil for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add chicken or turkey balls and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Divide drained boiled rice vermicelli among 6 soup bowls.
- Pour soup over noodles, and serve.