- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound [454 g] chicken breast meat, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 [19-ounce / 540-mL] can crushed tomatoes
- 1 [19-ounce / 540-mL] can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 7 cups [1.75 L] chicken broth
- 1/3 cup [80 mL] tiny boiled drained pasta noodles such as rings, macaroni, stars
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] oregano
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
- 6 to 8 toasted bread slices
- Seasoned oil
- Melt butter into a casserole; brown chopped bacon, then onion slices, minced garlic and chicken dices.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper; cook stirring for 5 minutes.
- Well mix in chopped celery and carrot.
- Then mix in crushed tomatoes, drained white beans and chicken broth.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta noodles, oregano and parsley.
- Pour into individual bowls and sprinkle each serving with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve, along with toasted bread slices, already brushed with seasoned oil instead of butter.