- 5 cups [1.25 L] chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] freshly grated ginger
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] sliced mushrooms
- 1 small zucchini, into strips
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- Few drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] tofu [bean curd], into small strips
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons [45 mL] water
- Pour chicken broth into a large casserole; add remaining ingredients, except tofu, cornstarch and water.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes adding tofu strips towards the end of the cooking time.
- Thicken with cornstarch, already dissolved in water.
- Serve immediately.