- 3 cups [750 mL] chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] grated carrot
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] chopped leek
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 10 cups [2.5 L] beef broth
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] salted herbs
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter into a casserole.
- Brown together chopped cabbage, grated carrot and chopped leek for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour in beef broth; mix in salted herbs and chopped parsley.
- Bring to a boil; season.
- Simmer, partly covered, for 1 hour.