- 2 cauliflower heads, broken-up into florets
- 4 cups [1 L] milk
- 2 cups [500 mL] light cream [10%]
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups [500 mL] skimmed poultry broth
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] freshly chopped chervil
- Pinch of sage
- Large pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Freshly chopped parsley, to taste
- Into a large casserole, cook cauliflower florets in milk over low heat [milk must not boil], until tender.
- Spoon cooked florets into a food processor, pour in just a little of the cream and puree.
- Pour mixture back into casserole; salt and pepper.
- Pour in poultry broth and remaining cream.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped chervil, sage and freshly grated nutmeg.
- Mix then reheat mixture, without boiling.
- Serve, sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.