- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup [250 mL] chopped onion
- 1 cup [250 mL] water
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] salt
- 1/8 teaspoon [0.5 mL] pepper
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] mashed potatoes
- 2 cups [500 mL] creamed corn
- 1 large [12-ounce / 340-mL] can evaporated milk, undiluted
- Cut bacon into small pieces; brown over medium heat, into an 8-cup [2-L] casserole.
- Add chopped onion; cook over low heat, until tender and golden.
- Pour in water; salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in mashed potatoes.
- Add creamed corn and milk; mix well.
- Reheat, without boiling, before serving.