- 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] oil
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] chopped celery
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] minced leek
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] chopped onion
- 3 cups [750 mL] broccoli pieces
- 3 cups [750 mL] cauliflower pieces
- 3 cups [750 mL] carrot slices
- 6 cups [1.5 L] chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] 15% cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat together butter and oil, into a casserole; soften together, without browning, chopped celery, minced leek and chopped onion.
- Mix in broccoli and cauliflower pieces, carrot slices, chicken broth, celery seeds and chopped parsley.
- Cover; simmer for 30 minutes, until soft.
- Puree mixture into a blender.
- Pour back into casserole.
- Pour in cream; reheat, without boiling.
- Salt and pepper; serve.