- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- 4 cups [1 L] chopped broccoli
- 2 cups [500 mL] chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] freshly chopped dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons [7.5 mL] fresh savory
1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] dried
- 8 small broccoli florets
- 1 cup [250 mL] cream [15%]
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Into a casserole, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add choped green onion and parsley.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until green onion is tender.
- Mix in chopped broccoli, chicken broth, freshly chopped dill, and savory.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer uncovered over medium-low heat, for about 20 minutes.
- Add broccoli florets; simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Remove broccoli florets using a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Puree chicken broth mixture into a food processor.
- Pour puree back into casserole.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Into a bowl, combine cream and milk; slowly stir into puree.
- Cook over medium-low heat, until just hot [do not boil].
- Stir in reserved broccoli florets, and serve.