- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 1 large leek, white part only, sliced
- 1 large potato, diced
- 4 medium zucchini, into 1/2-inch [1.3-cm] slices
- 4 cups [1 L] chicken broth [or more]
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] freshly chopped rosemary
1 teaspoon [5 mL] dried
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] cream [15% or 35%]
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] pine nuts or roasted almonds
- Melt butter; melt leek slices without browning, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add potato dices, zucchini slices and chicken broth.
- Season; stir in rosemary.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until potato dices are done.
- Puree into a blender.
- Stir in cream; if soup seems to thick, pour in a little warm chicken broth.
- Pour into individual bowls.
- Serve, garnished with pine nuts or roasted almonds.