- 28 ounces [794 g] zucchini
- 3 onions
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon [50 g] butter
- 3 cups [750 mL] milk
- 5 ounces [150 mL] heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 1/2 ounces [100 g] fresh chervil
- 12 slices French bread
- Freshly grated cheese [optional]
- Peel and seed zucchini, cut meat into large cubes.
- Chop onions.
- Melt half of the butter into a casserole.
- Melt, do not brown onions.
- Mix in zucchini cubes; cook over low heat for approximately 1 hour, until tender.
- Puree into a blender.
- Stir in remaining butter, milk and cream, until creamy.
- Salt and pepper.
- Rinse then blanch chervil quickly into boiling water; add to soup.
- Toast bread slices, to serve on-the-side.
- Serve soup, sprinkled with grated cheese if desired.