- 4 1/2 cups [1.125 L] chicken broth
- 2 cups [500 mL] water
- 1 teaspoon [ 5 mL] dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] pepper
- 1 cup [250 mL] small shell pasta
- 1 [16-ounce / 454-g] package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups [500 mL] cooked turkey or chicken tiny dices
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- Orange slices, halved [optional]
- Herb sprigs [optional]
- Into a large saucepan, combine chicken broth, water, thyme and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; stir in pasta.
- Return to a boil; lower heat.
- Boil gently, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in frozen mixed vegetables; bring back to a boil.
- Boil gently, uncovered, for 5 to 7 minutes more, until vegetables and pasta are tender.
- Stir in turkey or chicken dices and orange juice concentrate; heat through.
- Ladle into individual soup bowls.
- Serve, garnished with orange slice halves and/or herb sprigs if desired.