- 6 cups [1.5 L] fish broth
- Salmon scraps [head, tail and spine]
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup [250 mL] finely diced celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch freshly ground white pepper
- 1 pinch freshly ground Cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] tarragon
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] paprika
- 1 [10-ounce / 284-mL] can creamed corn
- 2/3 cup [160 mL] heavy cream [15% m.s.g.]
- Salt, to taste
- Bring fish broth to a boil.
- Add salmon scraps; boil for 10 minutes.
- Throw away salmon scraps, reserving attached salmon meat.
- Boil together potato and celery dices, chopped onion and parsley into hot fish broth, until soft.
- Puree mixture into a food processor or a blender.
- Pour puree into a saucepan; sprinkle with black, white and Cayenne peppers, tarragon and paprika.
- Stir in creamed corn.
- Heat over low heat.
- Stir in tiny reserved salmon pieces and cream.
- Salt, stir and serve.