- 1/2 cup [125 mL] water
- 1/2 cup [100 g] sugar
- 4 cups [1 L] fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 cups [500 mL] fruity white wine
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] plain yogurt
- Mix together water and sugar into a small casserole; bring to a boil.
- Boil until sugar is completely dissolved; leave to cool completely.
- Pour into a blender.
- Add strawberries and white wine to syrup: mix until really smooth.
- Press through a fine sieve.
- Mix in grated lemon rind then refrigerate strawberry puree.
- Serve cold into icy fruit dishes, each serving topped with a little yogurt.