- 1/2 pound [227 g] cod fillet
- 1/2 pound [227 g] yellow pike fillet
- 4 potatoes
- 6 cups [1.5 L] water
- 4 tablespoons [60 g] butter
- 2 onions, minced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] light [15%] cream
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] salt
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup [115 g] any grated cheese
- Cut fish fillets into small pieces and dice potatoes; reserve separately.
- Pour water into a casserole.
- Add butter, minced onions, celery dices and carrot slices.
- Boil for 20 minutes.
- Press mixture through a trainer pouring mixture back into casserole.
- Mix in reserved fish pieces and potato dices, cream, salt, celery salt and garlic salt.
- Cook over low heat for 20 minutes longer.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls.
- Serve, sprinkled with freshly chopped parsley and grated cheese.