- 2 cups [500 mL] leek, sliced
- 1 potato, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups [500 mL] boiling water
- 3 tablespoons [45 g] butter
- 3 tablespoons [26.25 g] flour
- 1 cup [250 mL] cold milk
- 1 cup [250 mL] warm chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] liquid chicken broth concentrate
- Freshly chopped parsley, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil together leek and potato slices and chopped onion into boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Puree into a food processor or a blender; set aside.
- Melt butter over low heat; stir in flour, until smooth.
- Pour in cold milk, whipping until boiling.
- Pour in warm chicken broth and leek puree.
- Mix in liquid chicken soup concentrate, freshly chopped parsley, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, and serve.