- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] liquid beef broth concentrate
- 1 cup [250 mL] frozen Italian-style mixed vegetables
- 2 cups [500 mL] water
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] basil
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] dried parsley
- 1 cup [250 mL] fresh or frozen tortellini pasta, fresh macaroni pasta or canned red kidney beans, drained
- Salt and pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese [optional]
- Into a large casserole, mix together liquid beef broth concentrate, mixed vegetables, water, oregano, basil and parsley; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in pasta or drained red kidney beans.
- Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes more.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- If desired, just before serving, sprinkle soup with grated Parmesan cheese, to taste.