- 2 ripe pears
- Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 1 leek [white only], thinly sliced
- 1/4 Spanish onion, sliced
- 6 ounces [170 g] potatoes, sliced
- 2 1/2 cups [625 mL] chicken broth
- 1 cup [250 mL] 35% cream
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 bunch watercress
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel, core then dice pears.
- Arrange pear dices into a bowl filled with water, already mixed with lemon juice.
- Melt butter into a skillet; cook leek and onion slices for about 3 minutes, until tender but not colored.
- Add potato slices, half of soaked drained pear dices [reserve other half in lemony water] and chicken broth.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Cool; puree a little mixture at a time into a blender.
- Pour into a large bowl; leave to cool completely.
- Stir in cream; sprinkle with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until very cold.
- Pour into individual bowls.
- Serve, garnished with drained reserved pear dices and watercress.