- 5 cups [1.25 L] homemade chicken broth
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] chopped celery
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] crushed dried thyme
- 2 cups [500 mL] cooked chicken dices
- 1 cup [250 mL] boiled drained egg noodles
- Into a 12-cup [3-L] casserole, mix together chicken broth, chopped celery, carrot, onion and parsley; sprinkle with thyme.
- Bring to a boil, over medium heat, stirring from time to time.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in cooked chicken dices and drained boiled egg noodles.
- Reheat, stirring before serving.