- 7 ounces [200 g frozen crabmeat, thawed
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] chopped onion
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons [17.5 g] flour
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- 2 cups [500 mL] milk
- 1 cup [250 mL] heavy cream [35% m.s.g.]
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] dry Sherry
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] lemon juice
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Drain crabmeat; remove any remaining shell or cartilage.
- Cut legs into pieces; reserve.
- Melt onion and celery in melted butter for approximately 10 minutes.
- Mix in flour, Cayenne pepper and salt.
- Pour in milk; stir until thickened.
- Puree mixture.
- Pour mixture back into saucepan.
- Stir in cream and reserved crabmeat; reheat, stirring.
- Take away from heat; stir in Sherry and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.