- 2 [6-ounce / 170-g each] chicken whites
- 1/2 cube chicken broth concentrate
- 14 ounces [398 mL] canned coconut milk
- 1 [3/4-inch / 2-cm] long piece galanga or fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 [3-inch / 7.5-cm] long piece citronella, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] freshly chopped coriander root or stem
- 2 to 3 tiny hot red peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] fish sauce
- 5 teaspoons [25 mL] pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 ounces [227 g] shelled and deveined cooked shrimps
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Curry powder, to taste
- 4 stems coriander, chopped [to garnish]
- Green part of 2 green onions, minced [to garnish]
- 4 large sweet red peppers, membranes removed and seeded, minced [to garnish]
- Into a casserole, cover chicken whites with water; add chicken broth concentrate, bring to boil and leave to simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove and cut chicken white in thin strips; transfer back into broth.
- Pour in coconut milk and leave to simmer.
- Combine finely chopped galanga or ginger and citronella, crushed garlic and chopped coriander along with chopped hot red peppers.
- Mix in fish sauce, pepper, salt and bay leaves.
- Leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- A little before serving, mix in shrimps and lemon juice.
- Leave to simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in curry powder.
- Garnish each serving with freshly chopped coriander, minced green onions and minced sweet red peppers before serving.