- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 2 leeks, minced [white part only]
- 1 large onion, peeled and minced
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and minced
- 6 cups [1 1/2 L] hot light chicken broth
- Bouquet garni:
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] basil
- 1/2 teaspoon [1 mL] chervil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup [125 - 250 mL] thick cream [35%]
- Freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] freshly chopped chives
- Melt butter, add minced leeks and onion.
- Cover and leave to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add minced potatoes, chicken broth and bouquet garni; salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, lower heat to medium and leave to simmer for 40 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream.
- Refrigerate and serve cold, garnished with freshly chopped parsley and chives.