- 1 cup [250 mL] water
- 1 1/2 cup [375 mL] chopped potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup [375 mL] chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cups [500 mL] chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] celery salt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] heavy cream [35% m.s.g.]
- Bring water to a boil into a large casserole.
- Add chopped potatoes and, 5 minutes later, chopped broccoli.
- Leave to simmer for 5 minutes; set aside [do not drain].
- Into a clean casserole, melt butter.
- Brown melt minced onion until translucent.
- Mix in reserved chopped potatoes and broccoli, along with cooking water.
- Pour in chicken broth and cook for 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a blender; mix until well blended and smooth.
- Pour mixture back into casserole.
- Sprinkle with celery salt, salt and pepper; reheat.
- Pour in cream.
- Reheat, stirring constantly without boiling until hot, before serving.