- 5 cups [1.25 L] tomato juice
- 1 soup bone
- 1 [48-ounce / 1.4-L] can tomato dices
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 small turnip, diced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 sweet green pepper, membranes removed and seeded, diced
- 1/2 cabbage, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 small potatoes, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Into a large casserole, bring together tomato juice, water [up to 3/4th of casserole], and soup bone to a boil.
- Boil for 15 minutes.
- Add tomato dices with juice, carrot slices, turnip dices, celery slices, sweet green pepper dices, chopped cabbage and onion slices.
- Leave to simmer for 30 minutes before stirring in potato dices.
- Salt and pepper.
- Leave to simmer until vegetables are cooked yet still a little crunchy, before serving.