- 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter
- 1 lettuce head, shredded [about 8 cups / 2 L]
- 5 to 6 spinach leaves, stems removed then chopped
- 3 small potatoes, diced
- 2 cups [500 mL] chopped celery leaves
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] chopped parsley
- 1 cup [250 mL] chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] chopped chives
- 2 cups [500 mL] chicken broth
- 2 cups [500 mL] milk
- Salt and pepper
- Brown together shredded lettuce, chopped spinach, potato dices, chopped celery leaves, parsley, green onions and chives into melted butter for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth and leave to simmer for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Pour in milk; reheat until hot without boiling.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Puree into a blender or a food processor before serving.