- 4 teaspoons [20 g] butter
- 2 leeks, diced [about 7 cups / 1.75 L]
- 3 small potatoes, diced
- 2 cups [500 mL] chicken broth
- 2 cups [500 mL] milk
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced [about 4 cups / 1 L]
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Snipped chives [optional]
- Brown together leek and potato dices into melted butter for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour in milk and mix in cucumber dices.
- Reheat then puree into a blender or a food processor.
- Salt, pepper and serve, garnished with snipped chives if desired.