- 3 tablespoons [45 g] butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 sweet yellow peppers, minced
- 4 tablespoons [35 g] flour
- 5 cups [1.25 L] hot chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] 10% cream
- A little lemon juice
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Melt butter into a casserole over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and minced sweet yellow peppers.
- Cover and leave to simmer for 6 to 7 minutes, over low heat.
- Well mix in flour.
- Whip in hot chicken broth.
- Salt and pepper.
- Leave to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, over low heat.
- Stir in cream and lemon juice.
- Serve, sprinkled with freshly chopped parsley.