- 1/4 cup [60 g] butter
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] chopped onion
- 1 cup [250 mL] boiling water
- 2 cups [500 mL] raw potato dices
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 [5-ounce / 142-mL] can clams
- 2 1/2 cups [625 mL] warm milk or half milk, half cream
- Melt butter into a casserole, over medium heat.
- Brown chopped onion in melted butter.
- Pour in water, add potato dices and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook, covered stirring occasionally until potato dices are cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Add clams to broth; reheat.
- Pour in warm milk or half milk, half cream.
- Check for seasonings, and serve.