- 2 cups [500 mL] chicken broth
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] rice
- 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter or margarine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 12 ounces [340 g] raw frozen shelled shrimps
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] dry white wine
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] heavy cream, at room temperature
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Stir in rice; cook, covered, for about 25 minutes.
- Puree rice into a blender with just a little of the chicken broth.
- Pour back into broth.
- Into a frypan, melt butter or margarine; cook chopped onion over medium heat until translucent.
- Add shrimps and pour in white wine.
- Bring to a boil; leave to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reserving a few shrimps to decorate, puree mixture into a blender.
- Combine shrimp and rice purees into a casserole.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cream and reserved shrimps.
- Salt, pepper, and serve.