- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] curry
- 2 medium potatoes, finely chopped
- 1 bag fresh spinach, stemmed then chopped
- 4 cups [1 L] chicken broth [fat skimmed off]
- 2/3 cup [160 mL] cream [35% or 15%]
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup [60 g] freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter into a casserole.
- Lightly brown chopped onion with curry.
- Add chopped potatoes and spinach.
- Stir over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and leave to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree into a food processor.
- Pour back into casserole.
- Stir in cream and lemon juice; salt and pepper.
- Reheat without boiling.
- Pour into individual bowls and serve, each serving sprinkled with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.