- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 [28-ounce / 796-mL] can tomato dices
- 4 cups [1 L] chicken broth
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] drained boiled rice
- 1 [12-ounce / 340-mL] can corn kernels, drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter into a casserole; melt chopped onion until translucent.
- Stir in tomato dices and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice; simmer for 20 minutes more.
- Stir in corn kernels; season.
- Simmer for 10 minutes more.