- 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter or margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] carrot slices
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] celery slices
- 1 [10-ounce / 284-mL] can chicken broth concentrate
- 2 cups [500 mL] water
- Pinch of thyme
- 1/3 cup [80 mL] uncooked vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] cooked chicken dices
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Freshly choppped parsley, to garnish
- Melt butter or margarine into a medium casserole, over medium-low heat.
- Soften chopped onion along with carrot and celery slices for 5 minutes being careful not to let brown, stirring frequently.
- Pour in chicken broth concentrate and water; sprinkle with thyme.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add vermicelli noodles and leave to simmer for 5 to 7 minutes more, until vegetables and vermicelli are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in cooked chicken dices.
- Reheat then salt and pepper soup.
- Serve, garnished with freshly chopped parsley.